Senior Lecturer, Department of Electrical Electronics & Systems Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Selangor, MALAYSIA. Apr 2011– present.
Lecturer, Department of Electrical Electronics & Systems Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Selangor, MALAYSIA. Apr 2008– Mar 2011.
- Delivering lectures of Microelectronic Devices, Advanced Physics Semiconductor, Advanced Devices Technology, Digital Circuit Design, Reliability and Integrated Circuit Characterization, Embedded System Design, C++ Programming, Engineering Mathematics, Engineering Management, Engineering Professionalism, Research Methodology and Engineering Ethics courses for undergraduate and postgraduate engineering students..
- Lead author of the Academic Curriculum Chapter for Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC) audit.
- Main supervisor for eight PhD (one completed) and four MSc. candidates –by research, (two completed)
- Co-supervisor for two PhD students.
- Main supervisor for 13 undergraduate students (all completed) for their final year projects.
- Main supervisor for five MEng. (coursework) candidates (four completed) for their final year projects.
- Presented at six international conferences to audience of up to one hundred academics.
- Published 27 research articles including 13 as the main author.
- Developed a complete curriculum standard of Electrical & Electronics Engineering for Technical Secondary Schools, invited by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia.
- External examiner for Academic session 2019-2024 at Universiti Kuala Lumpur British Malaysian Institute, for Diploma of Engineering Technology in Electrical and Electronics.
Director, Centre for Alumni Relations, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Selangor, MALAYSIA. Jul 2018 – Feb 2020.
- Enhancing relationship between UKM and UKM alumni by organizing Alumni Run 2018 where 300 guests attended; including alumni, UKM Staff and students.
- Publishing bi-annually alumni bulletin and bi-monthly online newsletter.
- Networking with alumni continuously.
- Planning and executing alumni mentoring program.
Deputy Director (Alumni Relations), Centre for Students Development & Alumni Relations, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Selangor, MALAYSIA. Feb 2017 – Jul 2018.
- Enhancing relationship between UKM and UKM alumni by acting as the Director of the 2017 Royal Dinner With Alumni where 700 guests attended; including royals, ministers, VIPs and Alumni.
- Organizing other events such as Alumni Talk, Vice Chancellor Interaction with Alumni and Alumni Mentoring.
- Working with a group of five people on tracing all 199,000 UKM alumni and updating the alumni information system.
- Attending and giving talks at UKM alumni gathering.
- Introducing the functions of the Centre for Students Development and Alumni Relations to postgraduate students and visiting students from overseas.
Coordinator of the Entrepreneurship Development & Consultancy Programme, Centre for Entrepreneurship and SME Development, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Selangor, MALAYSIA. Mar 2012 – Mar 2014.
- Main coordinator of the business simulation module for groups of up to 3500 students.
- Led the business simulation training sessions for lecturers.
- Collaborated with professors from Steven Institute of Technology, New Jersey and Minnesota State University on the implementation of entrepreneurship courses to UKM students.
- Trained vocational and technical college lecturers in Brunei on problem-based learning (PBL), project-oriented problem based learning (POPBL) and business simulations.
- Delivered lectures of Fundamental of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Small Medium Enterprises Consultation & Development to engineering students.
Visiting Academic, Dept. of Nanotechnology, Mimos Berhad, Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA. Jan 2012 – Aug 2012.
- Designed a dissolved oxygen sensor.
- Gained expertise in a broad range of product development and research management areas.
Senior Engineer, Dept. of Research & Development, STATSChipPAC Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur MALAYSIA. May 2003 – Apr 2005.
- Led a group of five engineers on the development of 12x12mm QFN multi chip module package.
- Responsible for end of line (EOL) material selection gauged by an electrical and reliability test.
- Designed a high unit density QFN to reduce per unit cost.
- Prepared evaluation reports, design and process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), control plan and process specification.
Test Engineer, Dept. of Final Test, Unisem (M) Berhad, Perak MALAYSIA. Feb 2001 – May 2003.
- Responsible for electrical test system set up and test program development for integrated circuits.
- Verified electrical test rejects by observing wave form using a parametric analyzer bench tester.
Design Engineer, Hitachi Air-conditioning Products, Bangi, Selangor, MALAYSIA. Aug 2000 – Nov 2000.
Designer, Dept. of Air-Conditioning System Design, Hitachi Appliances, Tochigi, JAPAN. Apr 1998– Jul 2000.
- Developed drawings for the case of Hitachi’s first 4-way ceiling type air-conditioning and presented it to senior management.
- Ran a performance test on a prototype model.