Senior Lecturer, Dept. of Electrical Electronic & System Engineering, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Selangor, MALAYSIA. Apr 2011– present.
- Delivering lectures of Microelectronic Devices, Advanced Physics Semiconductor, Advanced Devices Technology, Digital Circuit Design, Reliability and Integrated Circuit Characterization, C++ Programming, Engineering Mathematics, Engineering Management, Engineering Professionalism, Research Methodology and Engineering Ethics courses for undergraduate and postgraduate engineering students..
- Lead author of the Academic Curriculum Chapter for Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC) audit.
- Main supervisor for two PhD (one completed) and two (both completed) MSc candidates.
- Led a research group on Low-power Adiabatic Circuit Central Processing Unit (CPU) under the Young Researcher’s Grant (USD 12900).
- Led a team on developing a Business Simulation under the Strategic Action Plan Research Grant (USD 3900).
- Principal investigator of the M-Cardiac System for Physiological Signs Monitoring of the Economic Transfer Plan (ETP) Research Grant (USD 23700).
- Presented at four international conferences to audience of up to one hundred academics.
- Published seven research articles in international journals.
- Trained Saudi Arabian electrical engineers on the Electrical Distribution Equipment Operation and Maintenance in Vienna, Austria.
- Trained Saudi Arabian financial controller on the Data Analysis Techniques in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Trained Omani telecommunication engineer on Tetra System Overview in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Trained Petron utility engineer on the Control Systems and Saudi Arabian telecommunication engineer on the Tetra System in Kuala Lumpur.
- Developed a complete curriculum standard of Electrical & Electronics Engineering for Technical Secondary Schools, invited by the Ministry of Education, Malaysia.
- Giving talks at the University of Sheffield and University of Malaya on the path in becoming an engineer.
Director, Centre for Alumni Relations, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Selangor, MALAYSIA. Jul 2018 – present.
Deputy Director (Alumni Relations), Centre for Students Development & Alumni Relations, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Selangor, MALAYSIA. Feb 2017 – Jul 2018.
- Enhancing relationship between UKM and UKM alumni by acting as the Director of the 2017 Royal Dinner With Alumni where 700 guests attended; including royals, ministers, VIPs and Alumni.
- Organizing other events such as Alumni Talk, Vice Chancellor Interaction with Alumni and Alumni Mentoring.
- Working with a group of five people on tracing all 199,000 UKM alumni and updating the alumni information system.
- Attending and giving talks at UKM alumni gathering.
- Introducing the functions of the Centre for Students Development and Alumni Relations to postgraduate students and visiting students from overseas.
- Main coordinator of the business simulation module for groups of up to 3500 students.
- Led the business simulation training sessions for lecturers.
- Collaborated with professors from Steven Institute of Technology, New Jersey and Minnesota State University on the implementation of entrepreneurship courses to UKM students.
- Trained vocational and technical college lecturers in Brunei on problem-based learning (PBL), project-oriented problem based learning (POPBL) and business simulations.
- Delivered lectures of Fundamental of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Small Medium Enterprises Consultation & Development to engineering students.
- Designed a dissolved oxygen sensor.
- Gained expertise in a broad range of product development and research management areas.
Senior Engineer, Dept. of Research & Development, STATSChipPAC Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur MALAYSIA. May 2003 – Apr 2005.
- Led a group of five engineers on the development of 12x12mm QFN multi chip module package.
- Responsible for end of line (EOL) material selection gauged by an electrical and reliability test.
- Designed a high unit density QFN to reduce per unit cost.
- Prepared evaluation reports, design and process Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), control plan and process specification.
Test Engineer, Dept. of Final Test, Unisem (M) Berhad, Perak MALAYSIA. Feb 2001 – May 2003.
- Responsible for electrical test system set up and test program development for integrated circuits.
- Verified electrical test rejects by observing wave form using a parametric analyzer bench tester.
Design Engineer, Hitachi Air-conditioning Products, Bangi, Selangor, MALAYSIA. Aug 2000 – Nov 2000.
Designer, Dept. of Air-Conditioning System Design, Hitachi Appliances, Tochigi, JAPAN. Apr 1998– Jul 2000.
- Developed drawings for the case of Hitachi’s first 4-way ceiling type air-conditioning and presented it to senior management.
- Ran a performance test on a prototype model.